Why use robotics?
- It works with everyone, even those with NO ACTIVITY in their lower limbs
- Patients can complete 1,000’s of steps in one session
- Patients can walk in a more natural and consistent pattern
- Only one member of staff is needed to operate, freeing up staff for other patients
- Quicker rehabilitation enables patients to be discharged sooner and continue to recover at home.
How does it work?
The Walkerbot uses a harness suspended above a treadmill and robotic limbs to move the patient’s legs in a consistent pattern. A computer controls the pace of walking and measures and adapts to the body’s response to movement. A therapist stands by to instruct the patient and analyse how they are walking, whilst interactive games and feedback help with motivation.
How you can help
You can make a donation on our website, over the phone or in our Charity Office.
Why not fundraise for us by hosting a coffee morning or taking on a challenge? You can hike to the top of Ben Nevis, skydive or Swim the Solent for us in 2020!