The Robotic Telecytology system is a remote video microscope used for diagnosis of lumps for the Royal Bournemouth Hospital’s new one-stop lumps clinics.
The equipment will speed up diagnosis, reducing the need for repeat appointments and repeat biopsies.
This technology will be able to help numerous cancer sites – particularly haematology, head and neck, and sarcoma – and costs £18,000.
Robotic Telecytology has a number of benefits, including:
- More accurate diagnoses
- More material will be available for additional diagnostic procedures
- Patients will spend less time in clinics
- Instances of patient recall for repeat or follow-up procedures will be reduced
- Overall faster turnaround times
- Allows for high resolution, full control of magnification, stage, focus etc.
- Allows distant as well as local remote control
- Allows multiple pathologists to view live images simultaneously if required
To support this important project, please donate using the form below. If you have any questions about the project, please do contact us here.