Challenge type: Cycle
Challenge grade: Challenging
Length: Three days
Registration price: £149
Fundraising target: £1,200
For more information, please contact:
01202 704060 – charity.events@rbch.nhs.uk

Take on a three day journey from London to Amsterdam – the bike capital of the world – for a classic European cycle experience!

Passing through the picturesque countryside of rural England, you’ll cross the Channel and continue across the flat landscape of Dutch Zeeland.

The sight of Amsterdam with its network of canals, cobbled streets and wonderful architecture will evoke a real sense of excitement.

You’ll celebrate your achievement with a night in Amsterdam before heading home by train.

Dates:

17 May 2019 – 19 May 2019
20 Sep 2019 – 22 Sep 2019

Click here to register for this challenge now!

Discover Adventure challenge information:

Bournemouth Hospital Charity is acting as agent for Discover Adventure (ATOL 5041). This challenge is operated by Discover Adventure and by registering for this challenge you will deemed to accept Discover Adventure’s Challenge Agreement which you can read here.

Further information about this challenge is provided below, but please ensure you read the full challenge details in the link underneath before registering for this challenge.

Accommodation is in shared cabins on the ferry, and a 2-3* hotel in Amsterdam; rooms are on a twin-share basis.

The food provided is plentiful and will give you plenty of energy. Lunches are generally buffet-style while dinners are usually eaten at the hotel. Being vegetarian or having other dietary requirements is not usually a problem provided you let us know well in advance. If you know there are plenty of foods you cannot eat you may wish to bring extra snacks from home so you can top up your energy supply.

Your trip will be led by experienced Discover Adventure leaders and support crew, including mechanics. Our leaders are selected for their knowledge and experience, friendliness and approachability, sense of humour and ability to safely and effectively deal with any situation that arises; they are also trained in first aid. The crew will have mobile phones and/or radios where appropriate, medical kit and other safety apparatus where necessary.

The number of crew and support vehicles looking after you will depend on the final size of your group, but the team will be looking after every aspect of your trip whether that’s transporting your luggage, ensuring your route is well-marked, making you lunch and sorting out any mechanical problems. Support vehicles are with the group all of the time, and carry all luggage and spares.

Your safety, and that of the rest of the group, is our highest priority. Our trips are designed and planned with safety in mind. Your crew will be equipped with communication devices (eg phones, radios and/or emergency satellite phones), medical kit and other safety apparatus appropriate to the destination. Our leaders always have access to our 24-hour emergency UK back-up. They are responsible for safety on the trip, and will make any changes to the itinerary they deem necessary, should local conditions dictate. Pre-trip administration – such as medical questionnaires and travel insurance as appropriate – is all done with your safety in mind.

For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information, check www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.

WHAT’S INCLUDED
• All transport from London to Amsterdam return (by ferry and train)
• All meals except where specifed
• Celebration meal in Amsterdam
• Accommodation on a twin share basis in hotel / shared cabin on ferry
• Discover Adventure leaders, mechanics and drivers
• Full vehicle support throughout the trip

WHAT’S EXCLUDED
• Two meals as specified in the itinerary
• Travel insurance
• Bicycle
• Cycle helmet (compulsory) and water bottles
• Personal spending money, souvenirs and drinks
• Fees for any optional sites, attractions or activities
• Any applicable surcharges as per Terms and Conditions

By registering and paying your deposit, you are committing to raising the £1,200 minimum sponsorship for this challenge. A minimum of 80% of this must be received no later than ten weeks prior to the start of your challenge. The remaining 20% must be received no later than one week before departure. Failure to do so may mean non-participation in the challenge.

Learn more about what we're fundraising for...

FIND OUT MORE

Take on the adventure challenge of a lifetime…

FIND OUT MORE

How you can leave a legacy to benefit your community...

FIND OUT MORE