Challenge type: Trek
Challenge grade: Demanding
Length: Three days
Registration price: £75
Fundraising target: £490
For more information, please contact:
01202 704060 – charity.events@rbch.nhs.uk

Our Jurassic coast is one of the most geologically diverse coastlines in the world – no wonder it was made England’s first Natural World Heritage Sites!

Stretching 95 miles between Old Harry Rocks in Dorset, to Orcombe Point in East Devon, the exposed cliff sections allow you to look back through 185 million years of time.

This three day challenge starts with an overnight camp near Wool before a 22km (14 mile) trek along the coast to Kimmeridge Bay before resuming West the following day for the final 14km (9 mile) leg to the finish at the beautiful natural stone archway of Durdle Door.

Contact our Events team on 01202 704060 for more information about this amazing trek!

Discover Adventure challenge information:

Bournemouth Hospital Charity is acting as agent for Discover Adventure (ATOL 5041). This challenge is operated by Discover Adventure and by registering for this challenge you will deemed to accept Discover Adventure’s Challenge Agreement which you can read here.

Further information about this challenge is provided below, but please ensure you read the full challenge details in the link underneath before registering for this challenge.

Accommodation is usually on a twin-share basis in hotels or camp. Occasionally we may use hostel-style accommodation. Please tell us if you know somebody else on the trip that you would like to share with and we will try our best to accommodate your request. If you don’t know anyone else in the group don’t worry, we always pair you up with someone of the same gender, and a similar age where possible. We do not charge a single supplement if you are a solo traveller.

The food provided is plentiful and will give you plenty of energy. Where lunch is included, it may be a buffet-style lunch-stop, or a packed lunch. Dinners and breakfasts are generally eaten in camp or at our hotel, depending on the trip. Being vegetarian or having other dietary requirements is not usually a problem provided you let us know well in advance. If you know there are plenty of foods you cannot eat you may wish to bring extra snacks from home so you can top up your energy supply.

Your trip will be led by experienced Discover Adventure leaders and support crew. Our leaders are selected for their knowledge and experience, friendliness and approachability, sense of humour and ability to safely and effectively deal with any situation that arises; they are also trained in first aid. You are in very safe hands with a Discover Adventure leader. The crew will have mobile phones and/or radios where appropriate, medical kit and other safety apparatus where necessary, as well as vehicle support.

Your main luggage will remain at our accommodation (camp, hostel or hotel as appropriate) and you will not have access to it until the end of each day. You should carry a small daypack for items needed during the day.

Your safety, and that of the rest of the group, is our highest priority. Our trips are designed and planned with safety in mind. Your crew will be equipped with communication devices (eg phones, radios and/or emergency satellite phones), medical kit and other safety apparatus appropriate to the destination. Our leaders always have access to our 24-hour emergency UK back-up. They are responsible for safety on the trip, and will make any changes to the itinerary they deem necessary, should local conditions dictate. Pre-trip administration – such as medical questionnaires and travel insurance as appropriate – is all done with your safety in mind.

WHAT’S INCLUDED
• All food, accommodation and camping equipment
• Transfers within trek
• Discover Adventure leaders; cooks and drivers
• Full vehicle support
• Optional pick-ups or drop offs from Wool Railway Station

WHAT’S EXCLUDED

• Travel insurance (optional)
• Personal items such as drinks, snacks and souvenirs
• Sleeping bag and sleeping mat
• Transport to/from the event
• Entry to any optional sites or activities
• Any applicable surcharges as per Terms and Conditions

By registering and paying your deposit, you are committing to raising the £490 minimum sponsorship for this challenge. A minimum of 80% of this must be received no later than six weeks prior to the start of your challenge. The remaining 20% must be received no later than one week before departure. Failure to do so may mean non-participation in the challenge.

Learn more about what we're fundraising for...

FIND OUT MORE

Take on the adventure challenge of a lifetime…

FIND OUT MORE

How you can leave a legacy to benefit your community...

FIND OUT MORE